Thursday, February 8, 2007

The IRA Likes Girls

Boyd Rice Presents Music For Pussycats

Dig ye this. A bunch of girl group sub-classics. The Nuggets of chick rock. Other than mayyybe the Lori Burton track, you probably haven't heard or heard of any of these.

I'm a big fan of the girl group production sound. Cinematic orchestrations, huge non-close mic'ed drums, gobs of echo. They could put Bono on top of that sound, and I could find a way to dig it.

This CD has about as bad a mastering job as I've heard. Probably, some of this is due to beat-to-shit source material. Still, the recording levels are so far in the red that it gets in the way of enjoying the records. I don't know what to say about this, other than you'll have to find the singles yourself to hear them in better fidelity. I'd rather hear a poorly mastered gem than a highly refined turd, anyway.

http://rapidshare.com/files/15411924/Boyd_Rice.rar

6 comments:

redtelephone66 said...

Hi ya , thanks for all the great music.
Can you please repost Szabo's "Guiter Raga" lp???

TBA said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/2832748/Gabor_Szabo_-_Jazz_Raga.rar

Give this a try. It still reads as active on my RS page.

redtelephone66 said...

TBA said...
http://rapidshare.com/files/2832748/Gabor_Szabo_-_Jazz_Raga.rar

Give this a try. It still reads as active on my RS page.

Thank you very much!!!

Michael said...

First off, GREAT blog, I'm just dying and going to heaven here thank you SO MUCH!!

This particular compilation....which is right up my alley...does not have the artist names listed in these files. Is there any way you could just list them here, so I know who I'm listening to?

Thanks again!!

TBA said...

1) Diane Ray
2) Bernadette Castro
3) Bernadette Caroll
4) Susan Rafey
5) Priscilla Paris
6) The Love Exchange
7) Honey Ltd.
8) Priscilla Paris
9) Robbie Winston
10) Susan Rafey
11) Lori Burton
12) Honey Ltd.

Michael said...

Thank you!!!!